Saturday, July 11, 2009

Future site

In the morning, I am leaving on train to travel to the far north of Moldova to the village of XXXXXX. As I mentioned in my last blog post, this is where I'll be living for the next two years. I've grown so close to my current host family, I hate to leave them. For now though, I will only be visiting XXXXXX for three days. Yesterday, I had to call my host partner (director of the humanitarian organization I was assigned to) to confirm that I will be arriving by train on Sunday. This was hilarious, to say the least. We have only studied romanian for four weeks, and we all had to call our non-english speaking partners. I actually think I did well. We'll see.

As for my new host family, I will only have a host mom. We were given info sheets so that we have an idea of what our new situation will be before we get there. Some of my friends received homes with hot, running water and even indoor showers and toilets. Here's the info I got:

Check the appropriate box below:

Cooking facilities in the house:
Gas Stove
Stove with Gas Container XX
Electric Stove

Reliablie source of water:
Well XX
Running Water

Type of toilet:
Indoors
Outhouse XX

Bathing Facilities:
Bathroom with tub & running water
Bathroom with tub & no running water
No special bathroom, Volunteer will need to buy a plastic tub XX

Bring it on Moldova.

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you got the luck of the draw with your site... I have an indoor toilet with a seat!! And a shower with hot water!! Yes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agribusiness? Didn't I tell you what agribusiness in Moldova consisted of before you left?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am still trying to decide whether I should send you a urine purification system so you will have drinkin water ahaha Good luck castaway! Is the address you first posted on FB going to be your perm address while your there? I thought I had it bad going to visit my bro in Detroit but i'll send you a postcard.

    ReplyDelete