Sunday, August 2, 2009

Millions of peaches


Boardwalk out to a community well in the field. Every time I see it, it reminds me of the boardwalks out over the marshes back home at the beach.


Picking peaches with the family after a storm.

A road in the village through the orchards.

Work some, eat some.

There's plenty more where that came from.

From left to right: Neighbors Anna and Domnul Vasile, host mom Doamna Tatiana, and me.

After a rainstorm. That's my village in the horizon.

Our basement is starting to fill up for winter. Most of what you see is compote, which is boiled fruit juice and sugar. For every fruit we harvest, we add another flavor of compote.

Another pic of the basement. The barrels are for homemade wine.

Jennifer, here's your pics of sunflowers. Next year I'll get some pics while they're in full bloom.

I took a long hike with my buddy Neal over a few hills until we could see Chisinau, the capitol, which is in the background.

Vineyards all the way to the horizon.

Inside my Romanian language class. 4 hours a day, every day.

Central Market in Chisinau, the capitol of Moldova.

1 comment:

  1. Son,

    Wow! Pics are interesting and you are right the pic looks like the boardwalk out to marsh here at home. Can't wait to visit the sites and I am especially interested in visiting the market place. You look great son. Enjoy as always and give my love to family.

    Love and miss you!

    Momma

    ReplyDelete