Wednesday, December 2, 2009

How to enjoy a beer in Moldova

To enjoy a cold beer in a Moldovan village, you may need to take the following steps:


Buy six cubic meters of wood. Have a friend with a tractor and trailer help you transport it.

Hire someone in the village with a chainsaw, and hold the logs while he cuts them.

Find an ax, put on a pair of gloves, and split wood for several days.

Stack the split wood by the soba, which is used to heat the house.

Stack wood on the balcony.

Stack wood in the kitchen. In fact, stack wood anywhere and everywhere.

Learn the art of starting the fire.

When the house warms up, invite a Moldovan in to play the guitar.

Sit by the soba and take a personal day.

8 comments:

  1. That is exactly the kind of posts I like... Makes me kind of want a soba... well kinda. Somebody get the rockstar a bola tie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it! Two enthusiastic thumbs up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you're hilarious! tell me, do you like Moldova? and I will tell you if I like US. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see why lemne made it into your buna diminiata song. You will be warm, thats for sure, and Aaron shouldnt kid himself, nothing beats a soba!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't romanticize the soba, although I like the photo narrative. Did you re-up on six more cubes or did you already use them all?

    ReplyDelete